- $698,000List Price
This shabby-chic 1873 cottage is a dynamite opportunity to own a single family home in the heart of bustling and burgeoning East Cambridge, just 4 blocks from the thriving tech hub of Kendall/MIT. The south and east facing first floor is flooded with light and has a kitchen, dining room, living room and full bath; upstairs there are 2 bedrooms. The outdoor space offers great potential as an urban retreat, away from the bustle. Terrific unfinished basement has plenty of room for skis and bikes and maybe even a small makerspace. Ditch your car in the driveway, and enjoy the surrounding bounty of urban goodness, including world-class restaurants, 8+ parks and playgrounds, artisan coffee and the best breakfast sandwich in town. MGH/Beacon Hill are just across the historic Longfellow Bridge. Easy access to Red + Green Lines, MIT/Harvard, I-93. 14 minutes to Logan! With a Walk Score® of 97 + Bike Score® of 98 - 167 Spring is a Walker's & Biker's Paradise" - the city is your oyster!
Listed by Lauren Holleran Team, Lauren Holleran and Alberto Ovalle of Gibson Sotheby's International Realty
Ask A Question
- Parking Spaces1
- Parking DescriptionOff-Street, On Street Permit, Paved Driveway
- Total Parking Spaces1
- Year Built1873
- Property TypeDetached
- Full Bath1
- Master BathNo
- FoundationFieldstone, Brick
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Exterior FeaturesPorch - Enclosed, Patio, Storage Shed
- Property StyleCottage
- Roof MaterialAsphalt/Fiberglass Shingles
- Bike Path
- House of Worship
- Medical Facility
- Private School
- Public School
- Public Transportation
- Walk/Jog Trails
- AppliancesRange, Refrigerator
- Year Built DescriptionApproximate
- Year Built SourcePublic Record
- Year RoundYes
- SQUARE_FEET_DISCLOSURES709 sf in unfinished basement is not included in the living area calculations.
- Date Listed04/28/2021
- Property TypeSF
- List Price$698,000
- MLS Number72821726
- MLS StatusContingent
- Home Owners AssociationNo
- Square Feet1,192
- Square Feet SourceMeasured
- Road TypePublic, Paved, Publicly Maint., Sidewalk
- Lot Size1485
- Lot DescriptionPaved Drive, Level
- MAIN LOBB5918
- HeatingForced Air, Gas
- CoolingWindow AC
- Electric Features110 Volts, Circuit Breakers
- WaterCity/Town Water
- Hot WaterNatural Gas
- Utility Connectionsfor Gas Range, Washer Hookup
- SewerCity/Town Sewer
- Tax Year2021
- Parcel NumberM:00033 L:00022
- Building Number167
- NeighborhoodEast Cambridge
- StreetSpring Street
- Zip Code 42037
- VillageEast Cambridge
- DirectionsSpring Street between 7th and 8th Streets, across from the Kennedy-Longfellow school.
- Elementary SchoolLottery
- Junior HighLottery
- High SchoolCRLS
- Living Room DescriptionCloset, Flooring - Wall to Wall Carpet, Main Level
- Living Room Dimensions14'X14'2"
- FlooringTile, Wall to Wall Carpet, Laminate
- Bath 1 DescriptionBathroom - Tiled With Tub & Shower, Flooring - Stone/Ceramic Tile, Main Level, Lighting - Overhead
- Bath 1 Dimensions4'11"X5'4"
- Bath 1 LevelFirst Floor
- Bed 2 DescriptionCloset, Flooring - Wall to Wall Carpet, Lighting - Overhead
- Master Bed DescriptionFlooring - Wall to Wall Carpet, Lighting - Overhead, Closet - Double
- Master Bed Dimensions14'X14'1"
- Master Bedroom LevelSecond Floor
- Bed 2 Dimensions10'10X14'1"
- Bed 2 LevelSecond Floor
- Dining Room DescriptionFlooring - Wall to Wall Carpet
- Dining Room Dimensions10'10X14'2"
- Dining Room LevelFirst Floor
- Kitchen DescriptionMain Level, Washer Hookup, Lighting - Pendant
- Kitchen Dimensions14'2"X11'3"
- Kitchen LevelFirst Floor
- Living Room LevelFirst Floor
- Laundry LevelFirst Floor
- Other Room 1 DescriptionFlooring - Wood, Exterior Access
- Other Room 1 Dimensions8'7"X2'9"
- Other Room 1 LevelFirst Floor
- Other Room 1 NameMud Room
- Other Room 2 DescriptionFlooring - Wall to Wall Carpet, Main Level, Exterior Access
- Other Room 2 Dimensions5'6"X3'1"
- Other Room 2 LevelFirst Floor
- Other Room 2 NameFoyer
- Basement FeatureFull, Concrete Floor, Unfinished Basement, Exterior Access